Login or Register
::  Home  ::  Shopping Cart  ::  Tech  ::  Search CRC  ::  Your Account  ::  CRC Forum  ::

CRC Catalogue
· 1-Car Kits, Parts, Acc, Wire
· 2 - Gears
· 3 - Tires and Wheels
· 4 - Hop-up Parts
· 5 - Bearings / Shims
· 6 - Apparel
· 7 - Racing Carpet
· 8 - Specials
· 9 - Tools
· Batteries
· Hobbywing Products
· Nitro R/C
· VBC Racing Products
CRC Info
· About TeamCRC
· International Sales
· Terms - legal
· CRC Raceway
· Contact CRC
· Tech - Setups - Manuals
· Where to buy CRC
· Fasttrak Racing Carpet
· Clik-Trak Barrier System
Team CRC
· Home

Team CRC Media
· CRC Catalogue
· CRC Forum
· Downloads
· R/C Surveys
· Racing Forecast
· Search our site
· Your Account

Team CRC News
· News - Archive
· News - Recent
· Popular at CRC

Calandra Racing Concepts Inc.: Forums

Calandra Racing Concepts :: View topic - 235mm wide kit installation?

Forum FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic Reply to topic  Calandra Racing Concepts Forum Index » 10th Scale
stregone
CRC Forum rookie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:19 pm Reply with quote

Hi guys, I recently got a used gen x le with the intention of converting it to pro 10. I finally got around to sitting down with the car and the widening kit and I am stumped. How do I install the front end of the widening kit? This also seems to be complicated by the fact that my used car has the lay down servo mount (I believe that is what it is called, the servo is installed directly between the front wheels instead of just behind them). The plate the servo is mounted to looks like it might interfere with the widening kit, but like I said, I am confused so maybe I am trying to put it together the wrong way.

I drove it at the stock 200mm on 13.5t and 2s to get a feel for what kind of speed I would be getting and was really surprised at how quick and agile this thing is. pro 10 is new for my club this year, in fact pan cars in general are, so I don't have a local expert to nag with my questions

I was originally thinking about moving up to mod touring this year, but someone brought up the pro 10 idea. It looks like it will sate my need for speed (and then some!) for quite a bit cheaper than going whole hog into mod tc.
John-CRC
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:43 am Reply with quote

http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.php?name=Shopping_Cart&file=product&c_op=viewprod&prodID=7719021

take a look at the pics and write-up in the link above. This should get you going in the right direction. If you're still not sure, make sure to post here and i'll see if i can explain it any better. The pics are pretty good though.

John
stregone
CRC Forum rookie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:51 pm Reply with quote

Thanks, that clears it up alot. My only question now is how I use it with the reverse mount servo plate: http://www.teamcrc.com/crc//modules.php?name=Shopping_Cart&file=product&c_op=viewprod&prodID=7719198

Do I just bolt it down on top of the two widening parts, or under it? Or do I leave out the 'riser' part and bolt this under the widener part?

Thanks!
John-CRC
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:07 pm Reply with quote

they are not intended to be used togehter. Not sure if any of that would fit or not because no one has ever tried it.

John
stregone
CRC Forum rookie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:52 pm Reply with quote

Okay. Luckily he included all the parts to go back to the normal setup, i think I need screws though. My collection of non metric screws is kinda pathetic atm.

View next topic
View previous topic